Is it Legal to Gamble on Your Mobile in America?
It is legal to gamble on your mobile in America. There was a time when the only place that a person could gamble legally in the United States was in Las Vegas. In order to do it, you would have to physically travel to one of the casinos that were open in that city. Other gambling operations in the country were operated illegally and getting caught at one of them was not a good thing.
Land-based and riverboat casinos were launched in different states in the US. Many states allow for video slots machines and slot machines to be used in restaurants bars and other mini casinos. Then the use of home computers to play at online casinos that are licensed to operate became a trend.
Currently, US-based casino apps have been introduced in several land-based locations that allow players to wager while in the casino’s property. Google previously restricted gambling apps that use real money on its Play Store. The decision has since been reversed. In 2013, Apple and Google permitted mobile gambling apps to be distributed in the United States. Casino apps now work with a wide variety of smartphones including android, iPhones, and HTML based devices.
There are no laws that prohibit mobile and online gambling if the site is located outside the US borders. Still, there are a few things to consider if you want to gamble on your smartphone in the United States:
- Where you are located when using the smartphone
- Where the casino is located at
- Where the casino is licensed to operate at
- The age of the person using the smartphone
- The payment method that is used
The casinos use the IP address of the smartphone to determine where a person is located when they are trying to enter and play at the casino. If the person is in a place where they are allowed to gamble online, they will be allowed to use their smartphone.
The type of payment will also make a difference. Some states do not allow wire transfers to be used to collect gambling proceeds. This can make it more difficult to collect the money that you win at an online casino. Make sure you choose w=one with a payment method that will work in the state that you are located in when playing on a smartphone.
Legal age for mobile gambling
In order to gamble in the United States, the bettor must be between the age of 18 and 21 depending on the state the person is located. Online gambling is not allowed in every state. If you are using your smartphone in a state where online gambling is not legal, you might be restricted for playing or face legal charges.
States that allow mobile gambling
If the casino is licensed to operate by a state in the United States they will usually only allow people with a smartphone to play at the casino if they are located in that state. If the casino is licensed by one of the many governments that offer these licenses, it becomes possible for people to play at the casino as long as the smartphone is located in a state that allows it. It is legal to gamble at:
- Arkansas legalized online sports betting in March 2022. Betly and BetSaracen are the only legal online sportsbooks in the state.
- Arizona also legalized online sports betting in early 2021. The bill passed created many options, including 20 sports betting licenses, tribal sports betting and sportsbooks at pro-sports stadiums. Sports betting went live on Sept. 9, 2021.
- Colorado introduced its regulated sports betting industry in May 2020, six months after voters legalized retail and online wagering in the Centennial State. With its entry, Colorado became the 18th state with operational and legalized sports betting.
- Connecticut legal online casinos, online sports betting and retail sports betting were signed into law in May 2021. Two retail sportsbooks opened on Sept. 30, 2021, and online casino and sports betting entered a soft launch testing period two weeks later. On Oct. 19, 2022, online gambling and mobile betting became available to the general public.
- Delaware offers online poker even though all other forms of gambling are legally relegated to in-person wagering only.
- Illinois launched online sports betting in June 2020. While online registration access was phased in and out during the pandemic, the state removed the in-person registration requirement for good on March 5, 2022.
- Indiana launched retail sports betting in time for football season as retail sportsbooks opened in September 2019, followed two months later by the Hoosier State’s first betting apps.
- Iowa went live with online sports betting with remote registration in January 2020. Before that, the state had retail sportsbooks and online betting at venue sign up.
- Kansas legalized only sports betting in May 2022. Online sportsbooks went live in Kansas in September 2022, in time for NFL kickoff.
- Louisiana accepted its first online bets on Jan. 28, 2022, with five online sportsbooks launching in the state. Online sports betting is not legal in the whole state.
- Maine Gov. Janet Mills signed a bill into law that gives tribal casino operators in the state control over online sports betting.
- Massachusetts online and retail sports betting will likely go live in early 2023.
- Michigan legalized sports betting, online casinos and online poker. The retail sports betting portion launched on March 11, 2020, and online betting and online gambling both kicked off on Jan. 22, 2021.
- Mississippi residents technically have access to one legal sportsbook, BetMGM. But to legally bet on sports online in the state, bettors must physically be on the corresponding casino’s premises.
- Montana has a unique system in which online sports betting is legal, but only in specific locations in the state. Bettors must be on the premises of a licensed sales agent to place wagers. The only legal book is Sports Bet Montana.
- Nevada has offered online casino and sports betting play for years. However, it requires players to register their accounts for online gambling in person at a casino.
- New Hampshire became partners with DraftKings to allow sports betting in December 2019.
- New Jersey has over a dozen legal and licensed online casino sites and poker rooms.
- New York legalized online sports betting, and legalize online casinos and online poker in 2022.
- Ohio legalized online and retail sports betting late in 2021. The law allows for 25 online sportsbook licenses and 40 retail sportsbook licenses. Sports betting is expected to go live on Jan. 1, 2023.
- Pennsylvania is the biggest state to legalize and regulate online gambling. Sports betting (retail and online) and online casinos are all legal and live. Also PokerStars kicked off legal online poker in the state.
- Rhode Island was among the first to offer its residents retail sports betting, adding an online option in late 2019. There are two legal online sportsbooks in the state, each connected to the state’s commercial casinos.
- Tennessee became the first state to have online-only sports betting when it launched in November 2020.
- Virginia went live with online sports betting in January 2021. FanDuel and DraftKings were the first online sportsbooks. To date, there are 14 sportsbooks available in the Old Dominion.
- Washington, DC bettors can use the DC Lottery’s Gambet online sportsbook anywhere in the District. Alternatively, they can use privately operated and licensed sportsbooks like BetMGM and Caesars, but only within small proximity of the connected physical sportsbooks.
- West Virginia law allows mobile sports betting, online casinos and poker play. FanDuel and DraftKings launched in late summer 2019, and more like BetRivers have followed.
- Wyoming only offers online sports wagering. The first online sportsbooks, BetMGM and DraftKings, went live in 2021. FanDuel joined them in March 2022.
Mobile Banking Options at Online Casino
- Visa, Mastercard, AmEx
- PayID & BPAY
- Cash to Code
- Much Better
Online Casino offers friendly mobile banking options to punters for their casino deposits and withdrawals. All the banking options are safe and secure and you can do the online transactions through PC, mobile or tablet in confidence. Online casino also keeps your personal information all secure as well as offer 24.7 help support in case you find any issue while making a deposit.
Following are the mobile banking options at online casino you can use as a punter to play real money slots.
Mobile Deposit Options are
- Visa, Mastercard, AmEx: Credit Card, fast and easy deposits right into your Casino Account. The minimum amount you can deposit with this method is $25 and the maximum amount you can deposit is $1,000.
- Bitcoins: Bitcoins as a cryptocurrency of deposit is available at online casino. This is instant deposit method which is fast and secure deposits. The minimum deposit is $25 with bitcoins and the maximum deposit is $1000.
- Neosurf: Neosurf is a prepaid card which you can buy as a Neosurf voucher at your local shop and deposit instantly in the online casino cashier. The minimum amount to deposit is $10 and the maximum amount is $250.
- PayID & BPAY: PayID & BPAY offer a great alternative to credit cards. With Pay ID you can deposit the minimum amount of $25 and maximum amount of $1000.The way you register a PayID could differ between banks, but in most cases you create a PayID within your usual mobile or internet banking. During the process select which account you wish to link your PayID or multiple PayIDs to. You will need to prove that you are the rightful owner of the information you are using for your PayID and the bank account you are linking it to – the way you would usually identify yourself when dealing with your bank. If you have more than one account you can register a different PayID for each account. Just remember, a PayID can only be linked to one account at any given time and if you have a joint account you can have multiple PayIDs linked to that account.
- Litecoin: Like Bitcoin cryptocurrency there is Litecoin which is an instant deposit from your crypto wallet. The minimum amount of deposit is $25 and maximum amount is $1000. For that you need to choose a Litecoin wallet that will hold your cryptocurrencies, such as Ledger Nano, Keepkey, Atomic, Electrum, Coinomi, or Loafwallet. You can buy Litecoin via an exchange like Bitstamp.net or Coinbase.com.
In USA you can buy Litecoins from:
First you need to create an account on a cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to buy LTC You’ll need to provide your email address and create a password to register for an account.
Many cryptocurrency exchanges only allow trading between cryptocurrencies and don’t allow the direct deposit of fiat currency, such as USD, so you’ll usually need to own or buy BTC or ETH first. The exact process for depositing funds into your account varies depending on the exchange you choose.
The Withdrawal options at Mobile casinos are:
- Visa, Mastercard, AmEx: The funds will arrive in the account associated with the card between 7 to 10 business days. The minimum amount of withdrawal is $100 and maximum amount is $2000.
- Bitcoin: With Bitcoins you can withdraw your casino winnings quickly to your Bitcoin wallet! The minimum amount to withdraw with Bitcoins is $100 and maximum amount is $2000.
- Bank Wire: Withdraw your casino winnings to your bank account. The funds will arrive between 5 to 7 business days. Again the minimum amount is $100 and maximum amount of withdrawal is $2000.
Note that before submitting your first withdrawal at mobile casinos, you will need to have your account verified. The Casino reserves the right to request documentation for the purpose of identity verification at any time, especially prior to processing any deposits or withdrawals, or upon suspicion of any fraudulent activity on the part of the Player. Accounts under investigation for suspected fraud may be suspended and their winnings frozen indefinitely, until the investigation period is over.
In order to withdraw your winnings, you need to make sure the wagering requirement is complete (in case you are playing with the Bonus).
If you see the errors when you are trying to request a withdrawal, it means that the documents for the withdrawal are not sent or not checked yet. Before making a request, make sure all the necessary documents are provided and are completely approved by their Finance department.
Withdrawal times may vary, depending on the payment method you choose. All withdrawal times are presented in our Cashier section, along with relevant detailed information. In general, it takes 8-20 business days for you to receive your withdrawals.
There are 3 main steps that you need to pass to receive your winnings:
1) Documents approval. You’re sending the documents to confirm your personal details. Once your documents are received, it takes up to 4 business days for their Finance to check them. You will receive an email confirmation about the final status from the Finance department.
2) Withdrawal request approval. Once you’ve requested the withdrawal, it takes 2-7 business days for our Finance to approve your request.
3) The funds hit your balance. It takes from 48 hours to 10 business days, depending on the withdrawal method chosen.
There are no additional fees from the casino’s side, but there might be fees charged by the payment operators you use for withdrawals. In case you need any help or assistance, you can contact their Customer Support team that works 24/7.